Principals End of the Year Letter
Students and Parents,
I would like to thank each and every member of the community for your strong support for the school during my first year as your Principal.. It is my hope that your children have had a challenging and rewarding year. I would also like to congratulate all of our students on the wonderful progress that they have made this year and we are all very proud of your many accomplishments and know that next year will bring even more. I have enjoyed working with students, teachers, staff and parents and look forward to being a part of such a wonderful school for many years to come.
As a school, we have had a busy and productive year. Below, I have highlighted just a few of the accomplishments and educational adventures we have had at NewBrook Elementary School during the 2011 - 2012 school year.
- NewBrook won the Vermont State Spelling Bee
- We incorporated a monthly all school sing
- Started the Falcon Awards and Student of the Month Awards
- Created and voted on school colors and Mascot
- NewBrook 3/4 graders won the basketball Championship
- Started the after school enrichment programs “LAFTER”
- Montreal class trip for the 6th grade
- Keewaydin class trip for 5th grade
- NewBrook Nature trails got improvements
- Wild Treasures/ BEEC continue to enhance instruction.
- New basketball court
- Increased use of technology in all classrooms
- Improved school website
- Preparing and serving food out of our own kitchen.
Finally, on behalf of all of us here at the school, I would like to wish our students and parents a most relaxing and enjoyable summer vacation. The end of year is an exciting time for us all as we look forward to a well-earned rest. Travel safely and enjoy this special opportunity to be with friends and family.
Christopher A. Pratt
Principal, NewBrook Elementary School